- 1/2 ripe pineapple (use fresh..you can buy it already cored, but don’t use the canned pineapple!)
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled and cut in half (so you have 2 quarters of whole onion)
- 1 jalapeno, whole
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Grease grill and heat to medium high heat.
- Drizzle red onions with olive oil and thread onto a skewer (if using a wooden skewer, soak skewer in water for at least 30 minutes beforehand). Drizzle red bell pepper quarters and jalapeno with olive oil to lightly coat.
- Working in batches as needed depending on grill size, grill pineapple and vegetables at medium high heat until tender and lightly charred all over, about 12 minutes for the onions, turning occasionally, about 8-10 minutes for the pineapple, or until caramelized, flipping once, 6 minutes for the red bell peppers, flipping once, and jalapeno for 3-5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Once cool enough to handle, dab off any excess oil with paper towels from vegetables and chop pineapple (cutting around core), red bell peppers, and onions. Devein and deseed jalapeno and dice, reserving some of the seeds if desired.
- Toss pineapple, red bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, ginger, cumin and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl. If you would like it spicier, add some of the jalapeno seeds to taste.
- Can be served immediately or even better chilled.
If you want to receive more healthy recipes straight to your inbox, subscribe to my newsletter HERE!!