This is one of my favorite recipes given to me by my sister in law~
- whole wheat or gluten free pita
- rotisserie chicken
- smoked gouda cheese
- red onions
- bar-b-que sauce
- turn oven to broil (low)
- place pitas on baking sheet
- you can make an your own bar-b-que sauce a whole lot healthier, but I live by moderation so I go for the good stuff.
- layer on pita
- top with all ingredients
- broil in oven and watch closely so you don’t burn
- optional: you can sweeten red onions by adding sugar to them. I just cook in skillet for a few minutes before I top the pita with them.